The Outliner of Giants
- The Outliner of Giants is a feature rich Outline Processor designed to support the creation and management of large corpuses of information, such as those generated by students, researchers, writers and project managers.
- The basic service is free to all users (limits apply to free accounts);
- It's secure, using Google's user accounts system and an encrypted internet connection;
- Import and export your data at any time using the popular OPML format (it's commonly used to share data between different outlining applications);
- Choose from a range of outline templates to get you started, including essay, dissertation and thesis outlines, as well as task management templates for those wanting to use an outliner to get things done;
- Edit your outlines across desktops, tablets, and smart-phones using the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer web browsers;
- Collaborate with friends and colleagues by giving them editing access to your outlines, enabling you to brainstorm in real-time;
- Create expressive outlines using rich-text formatting (both Markdown and Textile are supported), by embedding content from other sites, or by attaching your own files;
- Use the full-text search to quickly find the information that you are looking for, making the service ideal for personal information and knowledge management;
- Your finished outline can be exported in a range of formats, including directly to the Google Drive Word Processor;
- Finally, you can publish your outline online so that your hard work can be shared with others.
- Simply sign in using your Google account, or create a new account if you don't have one already (they're really useful!).
As one of the earliest digital Personal Information Managers, outliners have a long history, and outlining software remains popular because it can be adapted to a wide range of uses:
The KnowledgeAs a personal knowledge base into which you can pour ideas, snippets of text, links and other information, and which can be continually re-shaped to help you pull out the findings from your research.
The Student'sAs a device for taking structured lecture notes, allowing you to break them down into bite-sized chunks that can be re-organized and expanded at a later date.
One cloud outliner across all of your connected devices: on Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android or iOS
The TaskAs a way of organizing the information associated with personal and professional projects such as tasks to-do, decisions made, and a project's supporting documentation.
The Writer'sAs a tool for writing school essays, college reports, university dissertations, academic papers & thesis, and even novels and screenplays, helping you to give structure to your thoughts and ideas.