- The Outliner of Giants is a feature rich Outline Processor designed to support the creation and management of large corpuses of structured information, such as those generated by students, researchers, writers and project managers.
- The basic service is free to all users (limits apply to free accounts);
- Import and export your data at any time using the popular OPML format (it's commonly used to share data between different outlining and mind mapping applications);
- Choose from a range of outline templates to get you started, including essay and thesis outlines, as well as task management templates for those wanting to use an outliner to get things done;
- Edit your outlines across personal computers, tablets, and smart-phones using the Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer web browsers;
- Collaborate with friends and colleagues by giving them editing access to your outlines, enabling you to brainstorm in real-time;
- Create expressive outlines using rich-text formatting (both Markdown and Textile are supported), by embedding content from other sites, or by attaching your own files;
- Use the full-text search to quickly find the information that you are looking for, making the service ideal for personal information and knowledge management;
- Your finished outline can be exported in a range of formats, including directly to the Google Drive Word Processor;
- Finally, you can publish your outline online so that your hard work can be shared with others.
- Simply sign in using your Google or Facebook account to create your first outline.
As one of the earliest digital Personal Information Managers, outliners have a long history, and outlining software remains popular because it can be adapted to a wide range of uses:
The KnowledgeAs a personal knowledge base into which you can pour ideas, snippets of text, links and other information, and which can be continually re-shaped to help you pull out the findings from your research.
The Student'sAs a device for taking structured lecture notes, allowing you to break them down into bite-sized chunks that can be re-organized and expanded at a later date.
One cloud outliner across all of your connected devices: on Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Android or iOS
The TaskAs a way of organizing the information associated with personal and professional projects such as tasks to-do, decisions made, and a project's supporting documentation.
The Writer'sAs a tool for writing school essays, college reports, university dissertations, academic papers & thesis, and even novels and screenplays, helping you to give structure to your thoughts and ideas.